Homemade Apple Sauce (and variations)
This recipe has no sugar in it, but as your baby gets older and can include a little bit of sugar in his or her diet, you can add some to sweeten it. Below are some variations using this apple sauce as a base.
Homemade Apple Sauce
Yields: About 3-4 servings for Baby
3 apples (Gala), peeled and quartered.
1 cinnamon stick
- In a small pot, add enough water to cook the apples with the cinnamon stick.
- Let them boil for about 20 min, or until they are soft.
- Transfer apples to blender, add a little bit of the cooking juice and blend until smooth. You can strain it, if you want.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top (optional)
- Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla to flavor
- Combine with Butternut Squash puree
- Combine with Pear puree
- Add a small bit of orange peel to the apples when cooking
- Combine with mashed Bananas
- I also used this apple sauce to make the transition to chicken. I added chicken breast puree and some squash to it.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.