My mom came back from the grocery store with an unexpected surprise: Cranberries! I started a search for recipes as soon as she told me. I thought about cookies with cranberries but then I found this recipe. Doesn’t say how is the author, but like it says there, this is a simple and delicious recipe! The only thing I did differently though, was that when I was mixing the batter, I added one more tablespoon of sugar. After tasting them, I strongly recommend adding a second tablespoon since the cranberries can be a bit tangy. My mom loved them so much that we’re making them again this sunday for a family lunch. Enjoy!
Yield: 12 regular size muffins
Adapted from Cranberry Recipes
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup cranberries
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease or spray a 12-cup muffin tray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; mix well.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a small bowl; add to flour mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Fold in cranberries. Fill each muffin cup ¾-full.
- Bake 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Cool and serve.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.