Ice cream… What’s not to love?. We all love ice cream, especially on hot and sticky days like the ones we’ve been having in Guatemala.
I confess: I didn’t make my own vanilla ice cream base to try this out… Although I should go get my ice cream maker, which is still at my mom’s house so I can experiment. Anyway, why mess with something good! If you have a favorite brand, use it.
I used our local Pops brand, Oreo cookies with the middle scraped off (it’s too sweet for my taste) and mini sized Snickers.
Try it out this weekend! I am officially obsessed with this mixing candy bars into ice cream idea, so I’ll be posting some other combinations shortly. Cookies and marshmallows? Cranberries and chocolate?
Snickers Ice Cream
Yields: 1/2 liter
1/2 liter Vanilla Ice Cream
8 Mini Snickers
4 Oreo Cookies, the creamy middle scraped off.
Caramel Syrup (optional)
- Let the vanilla ice cream soften slightly, but don’t let it completely melt.
- Chop the mini Snickers into little pieces, I made three vertical slices then 2 horizontal slices to get little tiny squares.
- Put your separated and scraped Oreo cookies inside a sandwich bag, using a rolling pin roll on top so you get fine Oreo crumbs.
- Mix your snickers and oreo crumbs using a folding motion, until it all gets incorporated
- Return to freezer until the ice cream is firm again
- Serve and top with caramel syrup if you like.
© 2011 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.