- You count the number of sprinkles on each kid’s cupcake to make sure they are equal.
- You want to take out a contract on the kid who broke your child’s favorite toy and made him/her cry.
- You have time to shave only one leg at a time.
- You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
- Your child throws up and you catch it.
- Someone else’s kid throws up at a party and you keep eating.
- You consider finger paint to be a controlled substance.
- You mastered the art of placing food on a plate without anything touching.
- Your child insists that you read “Once upon a Potty” out loud in the lobby of the doctor’s office and you do it.
- You hire a baby sitter because you haven’t been out with your husband in ages, then you spend half the night talking about and checking on the kids.
- You hope ketchup is a vegetable because it’s the only one your child eats.
- You find yourself cutting your husband’s sandwiches into unusual shapes.
- You fast-forward through the scene when the hunter shoots Bambi’s mother.
- You obsess when your child clings to you upon parting during his first month at school, then you obsess when he skips in without looking back.
- You can’t bear to give away baby clothes–it’s so final.
- You hear your mother’s voice coming out of your mouth when you say, “Not in your good clothes.”
- You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you.
- You read that the average-five-year old asks 437 questions a day and feel proud that your kid is “above average.”
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommies, all your hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed! … But we think you do deserve a drink.
And talking about a drink, you see the picture bellow? Well, Philip, the photographer shared a short story with us about the drink:
The Cosmopolitans are our usual Friday night end-of-week cocktail and are the perfect way to relax with a pretty colour.
Kitty & Helga
1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger vodka
1/2 fluid ounce cointreau
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 1/2 fluid ounces cranberry juice
1 twist lime zest, garnish
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker with lots of ice. Shake vigorously for several seconds and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime twist.
© 2010 – 2017, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.