My good friend Alejandro asked us for the procedure to get the perfect soft boiled egg. There are quite a few ways to make them, so I decided to try this method and it worked out perfectly. This is a very healthy way to eat eggs, you can enjoy them by just adding a little salt to them, and dipping toast into the runny delicious yolk.
Picture by Baking and Books
Soft Boiled Eggs
- Place the eggs in the saucepan, cover them with cold water by about 1/2 inch (1cm)
- Place them on a high heat and, as soon as they reach boiling point, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and give the following timings:
- 3 minutes if you like a really soft-boiled egg (we timed it for 3 minutes to get a runny yolk).
- 4 minutes for a white that is just set and a yolk that is creamy.
- 5 minutes for a white and yolk perfectly set, with only a little bit of squidgy in the centre
- Immediately after the timer goes off, transfer the eggs to a bowl with ice water, to stop the cooking process. Crack the top part with a spoon and cut it off with a butter knife.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.