One of the best times to look for fresh fruit and veggies is the summer. Being from Latin America, we’re used to having most of the produce all year long. While shopping a few weeks ago I found Mango and Avocado. I wanted to make something for dinner that was fresh, healthy and easy. There, the Summery Mango and Avocado Tacos came to mind!
Summery Mango and Avocado Tacos
Adapted from MyRecipes.com
2 chicken breast, diced
½ cup mango, diced
½ cup avocado, diced
½ cup tomato, diced
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon of curry
¼ teaspoon onion powder
salt to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 flour tortillas
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and salt. Rub over chicken.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, dice the mango, avocado and tomato. Keep each separate. Part of the fun of having tacos is making them yourself.
- Add the lemon juice equally to the mango, avocado and tomato.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions; top with chicken and the prepared fruit and veggies.
- If you like spicy food, you can add jalapeños or red pepper flakes on top.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.