Today I wanted to make Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps, and found this one at The Food Network. The original recipe calls for chili powder and the directions are a bit different. I decided to season the chicken first, before the bacon wrap. That way the flavor stays in and the chicken stays nice and juicy. Enjoy! This is a nice dinner for two.
Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps
Adapted from FoodNetwork.com
Serving Size: 2
2 chicken breast, diced
9 bacon strips
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, ground
½ teaspoon of Red peppercorns, ground
½ teaspoon of Sea Salt
½ teaspoon of Garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the ground red peppercorns, sea salt, garlic and rosemary on a bowl and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips, and mix with brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Cut each 3 bacon slices into halfs. Divide the chicken slices into 6 piles.
- Grab each pile, wrap with 1 strip of bacon on the largest side and ½ a strip of bacon on the shortest side, secure with a wooden pick.
- Get some cookie coolers and place them on top of cookie baking sheets.
- Place each chicken wrap on top and top with the mixed herbs and spices from step 2.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.