Coffee Cupcakes with Condensed Milk Pudding and Whipped Cream Topping
Coffee Cupcakes with Condensed Milk Pudding
and Whipped Cream Topping
Yields: 24 regular cupcakes
Recipe from Cupcakeblog
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ cup strong brewed coffee
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon coffee grounds
- Preheat the oven at 350º F.
- Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Measure out coffee and milk together.
- Add about a fourth of the flour to the butter/sugar mixture and beat to combine.
- Add about one third the coffee/milk mixture and beat until combined.
- Repeat above, alternating flour and coffee and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the teaspoon of coffee grounds.
- Scoop into cupcake papers about half to three-quarters full (depending on whether you want flat or domed cupcakes. Note that these cupcakes will shrink slightly when they cool).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Be careful when adding the coffee/milk mixture to the batter. If you add it too quickly the mixture will look curdled. Add small amounts and beat well to incorporate.
Condensed Milk Pudding
This is the pudding I was telling you about. It is not too sweet, and it has a thick and smooth texture.
You will use this to fill cooked cupcakes using a piping bag.
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Sprinkle the gelatin over a ¼ cup of water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small pan over medium heat, heat the condensed milk until warm.
- Add the gelatin and stir over heat until the gelatin melts.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl set over a pan of ice water. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. It will get very thick and might clump if you stop stirring.
- To fill the cupcakes, place the pudding inside a piping bag with the filling tip, poke into the baked cupcake and squeeze about 1 tablespoonful of the pudding into each one.
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Whisk cream on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add confectioner’s sugar (more or less depending on your taste) and whip until thick.
- Top with swirls or dollops of lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- Dust with finely ground coffee.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.