Actually, I made Beef Bourguignon without Mushrooms I didn’t have any at home, but decided to try the recipe anyway, I did add one peeled potato, cut into squares.
I haven’t taken advantage of my Crockpot, I should really try more recipes for it. Preparation time is usually about 15 minutes, you just put everything in there, leave it cooking overnight and next morning when you wake up, lunch is ready!
Beef Bourguignon (Slow Cooker Recipe)
Yields:6 – 8 servings
Recipe from Crockpot.com
6 strips bacon, cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
3 pounds beef rump, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons flour
10 ounces beef broth, can condensed
2 cups red or Burgundy wine
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon whole thyme
1 whole bay leaf
½ pound white onions, peeled
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Sauté bacon in a skillet on stovetop set to medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Add beef cubes to skillet and brown well. Remove meat and set aside.
- Brown carrot and onion in skillet and transfer to stoneware. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in flour, add broth, and mix well.
- Add beef and bacon to stoneware, mix, and place in slow cooker heating base.
- Add wine, tomato paste, garlic, bay leaf, onions, and mushrooms. Cover; cook on Low for 10-12 hours or on High for 5-6 hours.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.