I’ve made Beer & Soy Sauce Chicken before, but decided I wanted to take it up a notch and ended up with a completely different version: much more tasty, juicy and… heaven in skewers!
Beer & Soy Sauce Chicken Skewers
A Foodies’ Kitchen Original Recipe
Servings: 4, 4 mini skewers per person, 16 total
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 can pilsner beer, (pale lager)
¼ cup soy sauce
⅓ cup brown sugar
salt to taste
pepper to taste
16 cherry tomatoes, whole
16 bacon strips
- Soak the wooden skewers on water.
- Remove the chicken breasts’ fat and cube it, into a 1″ pieces.
- Mix on a glass bowl the beer, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Rub the chicken with the brown sugar.
- Marinate the chicken with the beer for at least 3 hours.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half and set it to the side.
- Build each skewer as follows: Chicken, half of a bacon strip, one cherry tomato, half of a bacon strip and chicken.
- Cook on a griddle pan for 7-8 minutes each side or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
Notes: The longer you marinate this chicken, the better it tastes! Don’t be afraid of making it a day or so ahead!
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.