Jake loves pasta, and cooking pasta! This is a recipe 100% him. He wanted to make his own twisted version of lasagna meets Chicken Parmesan and it was a hit! You can turn this into a 30-minute meal by using a pre-maid Italian seasoned tomato sauce. The cheese on top and the crunchy chicken are what makes this dish a winner.
Guest Foodie: Jake Van Ness’ Chicken Pasta
Yield: 6 Servings
2 chicken breast, medium sized
1 egg, scrambled
1 cup bread crumbs, italian seasoned
Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce, or Italian sauce from the supermarket (saves time)
1 ½ cups uncooked pasta
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded or torn
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF
- Cut the chicken breasts into 4 or 5 pieces each.
- Cover the chicken with the beaten egg, and then with the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat a skillet and use a bit of cooking spray to cover the top and cook the chicken pieces, until they are brown and crispy on each side.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the pasta, and take it out just before it’s al-dente, usually 3-4 minutes before the box/package of the pasta directions say.
- Place half of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a glass bakeware plate or baking dish.
- Drain the pasta and place it over the sauce on the glass bakeware plate.
- Place the chicken over the pasta, and cover with the remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is brown and crispy on top.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.