I love risotto, it’s one of those recipes that takes a bit to make them and require constant attention. I’ve heard of different ways of making risotto, but this is my ultimate recipe. You can add some white wine right after browning the arborio rice to add a more sophisticated flavor. Trust me, you’ll love this Chicken & Mushroom Risotto.
Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
A Foodies’ Kitchen Original
1 cup arborio rice, (risotto rice)
2 medium chicken breasts, cubed
2 ½ cups chicken broth
1 ½ cup mushroom, cut in half
1 tablespoon of Adobo seasoning (or Maggi Seasoning)
1 garlic clove, minced
½ onion, chopped
1 tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon basil leaves
1 tablespoon thyme
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup butter
- Chop the onion and garlic into small bits and fry them with a little butter and olive oil. Add the thyme, basil and rosemary.
- Mix the Adobo seasoning with the chicken.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms, and stir for about 10 minutes, enough for the chicken to be 3/4 cooked.
- Add the arborio rice and stir until the rice changes color slightly and add half a cup of chicken broth. Keep stirring.
- It will be very soupy, but don’t worry. You’ll have perfect risotto in a bit. Reduce the heat and add in increments of 1/2 cup the chicken broth, stirring constantly to reduce the liquid.
- Slowly add the broth to the rice, slowly and stirring in between spoonfuls and keep stirring.
- When the broth is reduced, add the butter and keep stirring. Remove from the heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, stir and serve with parsley on top.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.