I have to confess, this recipe came out of a craving. I wanted something sweet a friday morning and we ran out of milk :) This came out surprisingly good. The batter comes out a bit thicker than the regular mix made with milk, but it made it so much better. The Yogurt I used was low fat vanilla flavored yogurt, and the batter came out perfect! You have to let it soak in the mix a bit longer than with the very liquid one, but trust me… it’s worth it!
Yogurt French Toasts
A Foodies’ Kitchen Original
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
8 slices bread, white or whole weat
- Whisk yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and spices in large bowl.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture to coat, this will be much more like the consistency of yogurt, so you need to let them sit a few more seconds than with the regular mixture for French Toasts.
- Add slices to hot skillet. Cook until bottoms are deep brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn slices over. Cook until bottoms are deep brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve the French Toasts with Strawberries with a little bit of Whipped Cream on the side.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.