Guest Foodie: Jake Van Ness’ Grilled Steak and Blue Cheese with Berry Glaze
Grilled Steak and Blue Cheese with Berry Glaze
Recipe from Paula Deen and Sons, The Food Network
4 beef tenderloin filets, (9 ounce)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 ½ cups red wine
½ cups water
2 cups sugar
1 pint strawberries, hulled
1 pint raspberries
1 pint blueberries
1 pint blackberries
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Blue Cheese, crumbles
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Season the fillets with steak seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put on the grill and cook desired doneness.
- Add the red wine to a medium saucepan over medium heat and reduce it by half.
- Add the water, then add sugar and berries and cook for about 5 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and stir until thickened.
- Remove the steaks from the grill to serving dishes and top with sauce and blue cheese crumbles.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.