Pita Sandwich with Olive Cheese
This is a great sandwich for a light supper. The olive cheese is very flavorful and it balances out with all the vegetables in the sandwich to give it a little punch… and also make it more filling. I used crab meat, but you can make with sliced chicken or turkey ham. Lets face it, sandwiches are dull, so if I want to get away with making a sandwich to serve my husband for dinner, I have to try to make it with as many ingredients as I can. Even use seasonings in it. After a long day you don’t want to sit in front of two pieces of bland bread with ham and mayo, do you? A nice tomato soup would be a great accompaniment for this sandwich.
Pita Bread Sandwich with Olive-Cheese
A Foodies’ Original Recipe
2 pita breads
½ cup cream cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Chives, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
10 green olives, chopped
6 Romaine lettuce leaves
1 Tomato, sliced
A few slices of cucumber
Chicken or crab slices
Dried basil leaves and pepper, as seasoning.
- Slice open the pita bread.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chives, olives, salt and pepper. (use salt sapringly, remember the olives are salty)
- Spread this mixture inside both pita bread halves.
- Arrange lettuce leaves, chicken or crab meat slices, tomato, cucumber.
- Sprinkle with pepper and basil
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.