I like to have the TV on while answering emails after lunch on either the Food Network or Cooking Channel. One of those afternoons there was a re-run of Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. Her show is 70% ready-made products with 30% fresh products, which is why I love the show so much. Gives me great ideas on how to speed up things in the kitchen when needed. I made a few changes to the recipe, and since I was serving it with the Grilled Mango and Grilled Eggplant a la Italian.
Grilled Pesto Chicken Panini
Adapted from Pesto Chicken Panini by Sandra Lee
1 chicken breast, if too small make it two
½ teaspoon of Red peppercorns, ground
½ teaspoon of Sea Salt
½ teaspoon of Garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Rosemary Leaves
2 tablespoons of prepared Pesto
3 tablespoons of Cream Cheese
1 tablespoon of sour cream
4 slices of Mozarella Cheese
½ loaf of Ciabatta bread sliced in half horizontally
1 cup of baby arugula
Fresh Basil leaves
- Season the chicken breast with the Red peppercorns, Sea Salt, Garlic Powder and Rosemary leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix together the prepared Pesto, Cream Cheese and Sour cream.
- Preheat an oiled grilling pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken tenders for about 5 minutes per side. Make sure not too over cook it or it will dry up.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and re-oil the grill pan.
- Spread the Pesto Cream Cheese on both halves of bread. Add arugula, basil leaves, and place the chicken to bottom piece.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and top half of bread.
- Place onto the grill pan and place a heavy pan on top of the sandwich.
- Grill for 3 minutes per side or until cheese starts to melt.
- Cut into 2 portions and serve.
© 2010 – 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.