Wine, cream, herbs. You can’t go wrong with that. During weekdays, I am always in a hurry to cook lunch for my family, most of the recipes I have uploaded on our site are pretty easy and quick to make, but this one they particularly enjoy. The wine and cream make it taste like you spent a little more time on it. If you don’t have fresh herbs at hand, by all means use powdered ones. Start with ½ teaspoon of thyme, and if you don’t have chives try using the green part of spring onions.
Herbed Cream Chicken
A The Foodies’ Kitchen Original Recipe
2 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
½ onion, chopped
4 fresh thyme springs (you can use powdered thyme)
About 6 chive stalks, roughly chopped
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup white wine
1 cup cream
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add the tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onions and chicken breasts. Sprinkle the herbs on top. Let the first side brown for 4 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over. Let it cook for 2 min, and then add the wine. Let it cook 2 more minutes and add the chicken stock and cream.
- Cover and continue cooking at low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with some of the chopped chives as garnish.
- Rice with carrots, and vegetables such as mini zucchinis.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.