On one of the trips to the supermarket I grabbed a box of Rolled Dough Pie Crusts- I know, not very foodie like, but perfect for a quick no-hassle dinner. A few weeks ago, both Jake and I were tired from work and running errands all day. We just wanted to have dinner and catch a movie. I had half a pound of ground meat and this is what it came out. With a bit of effort, this came out fast, surprisingly good and were a great dinner! I just tossed spinach with balsamic and a bit of blue cheese to go with it… and voilá! Dinner!
Servings: About 16 dobladas
A Foodies’ Kitchen Original
1/2 pound ground beef
1 1/2 teaspoons of Taco Seasoning
1 box of Rolled Dough Pie Crusts (2 per box)
1/2 cup water
1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- On a floured surface, unroll each of the pie crusts and with a 2.5 diameter cutter, cut out about 8 circles from each pie crust.
- Stack them together and set them aside.
- Dissolve the Taco Seasoning in 1/2 cup water.
- In a hot skillet, start brown the ground beef and add the Taco Seasoning mix.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and put about 2 teaspoons of the filling onto center and fold dough in half, enclosing filling.
- Press edges together to seal, then crimp decoratively with a fork.
- Transfer dobladas to a baking sheet. Make the rest of the dobladas in same manner, arranging on 2 baking sheets.
- Brush the dobladas with the egg yolk and bake for about 25 minutes or golden brown.
- Transfer empanadas to a rack to cool at least 5-7 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.