Green Tea Cupcakes and Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting
Green Tea Cupcakes
Recipe By: Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes
Yield: 24 medium size cupcakes
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Teavana Matcha (Green Tea Powder)
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Whisk the Matcha with the milk and vanilla, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla.
- With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tin for 15 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the tins and cool on a wire rack before icing.
Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting
Based on this Foodies’ Original Recipe
Yield: Enough to heavily frost 24 cupcakes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
16 oz. cream cheese
6 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons Teavana Matcha (Green Tea Powder)
- Beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until well combined.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and mix.
- Add the matcha green tea powder and mix until well combined.
- Add vanilla and mix. Spread onto cooled cupcakes or cake.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.