Green Onion-Almond Chicken Breasts
Green Onion – Almond Chicken Breasts
A Foodies’ Original Recipe
Yields: 2 servings
2 large chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 green onion, sliced (white and green parts)
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup white wine
½ cup cream
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ cup chicken stock or water
1 teaspoon flour
Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a medium sized skillet, add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the sliced onions, almonds and chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the wine, cream and chicken stock together. Add the dried thyme.
- Add this mixture to your skillet. At this point you want to put a lid on your pan, so the liquids don’t evaporate. Let is cook over moderate-low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pan, dissolve 1 teaspoon of flour into 3 tablespoons of water and add it to the pan to thicken the sauce. (You dissolve the flour in cold water; otherwise it will clump and ruin your sauce). Stir until it is well incorporated.
- Serve and sprinkle each breast with chopped fresh cilantro and a few almonds.
Serving suggestions: Rice and green vegetables on the side.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.