Guess what? I forgot to take the picture of the finished recipe… but you’ll get the idea. It looks sort of like yellow iced tea. It is a translucent, sweet, yet tart pineapply refreshing beverage you can make by using your pineapple’s rind next time you get your hands on one. Instead of throwing it away after you have peeled and cut your pineapple, you can make this.
Picture: Pineapple Beverage, Country Living
Pineapple Rind Beverage
A Foodies’ Kitchen original recipe
Yields: 1 large pitcher
rinds of 1 pineapple
10 cups of water
1 cinnamon stick
1 all-spice grain
⅓ cup sugar
additional sugar, for sweetening to your taste
- In a large pot, place the pineapple rinds, water, all-spice, cinnamon and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, let it cook for 5 min.
- Cover the pot, lower the temperature and let it simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove the rind, cinnamon stick and allspice and transfer to a pitcher.
- Let it cool down. Refrigerate until cold and enjoy!
© 2011 – 2017, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.