Cranberry Cupcakes with Maple flavored Whipped Cream
Today I wanted to bake something fast and easy. I made this recipe and cleaned the kitchen in under 45 minutes. The only thing I would change from this recipe is maybe completely hold off the nut meg. It gives it a nice flavor but it could be too much for some. Enjoy!
Cranberry Cupcakes with
Maple flavored Whipped Cream
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com
Yield: Makes 6 cupcakes
1/4 cup dried cranberries
6 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
A pinch freshly grated nutmeg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten lightly
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
For the Frosting:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and line six 1/2-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small heatproof bowl cover cranberries with boiling water and soak 5 minutes.
- While cranberries are soaking, into a bowl sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, in two additions, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture and milk alternately in several batches, beginning and ending with flour and stirring until smooth after each addition.
- Drain cranberries and pat dry. Stir into batter.
- Divide batter among muffin tins and bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- For the frosting, whisk together cream and confectioners’ sugar and maple syrup until medium peaks form.
- Make sure that your cupcakes are completely cooled before icing them!
© 2011 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.