Chocolate-Peanut Butter Brownie Balls
I haven’t made the actual cake balls yet, but I tried these to get familiarized with the method. Just bake brownies from a mix, or from your favorite recipe and while they are still warm form balls, which will then be dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with candy. Easy and a great idea to give brownies a different twist.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Balls
Adapted from The Picky Palete
1 brownie mix
6 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/4 cup peanut butter
Candy Sprinkles for decorating
You will also need wax paper to line a cookie sheet
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Bake until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center but still slightly undercooked. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- When you are able to touch brownies comfortably, scoop brownies with a medium cookie scoop, roll tightly into a ball and place onto a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Continue rolling until brownies are gone.
- Freeze brownies until very firm, a couple hours.
- No worries if your brownie balls aren’t perfect, once frozen reshape them. They are easier to handle when chilled.
- Place chocolate over a double broiler to melt, then stir in peanut butter until creamy smooth.
- Roll each frozen brownie ball into chocolate and place onto wax paper to dry. Enjoy room temperature or chilled.
© 2011 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.