Using Cupcake Silicone Liners
Prepare the Silicone Cupcake Liners
- Condition the silicone cupcake liners before their first use. Wash them in warm soapy water and rinse them well.
- Coat the liners with a thin layer of vegetable oil or non-stick spray. The method of seasoning the liners will only be needed for the first few uses.
Prepare the Oven
- Preheat the oven according to the directions for the cupcake recipe.
- Adjust the oven rack so that it’s sitting in the middle of the oven.
Bake the Cupcakes
- Make the cupcake batter according to your recipe.
- Place the liners on a cookie sheet or a muffin tray slipping them into the slots. Mine didn’t fit perfectly because of the shape, so I rather placed them on the cookie sheet.
- Fill the silicone cupcake liners two thirds of the way or with the batter according to the recipe. Some liners come with a marked fill line. Bake the cupcakes.
- Check the time. When using silicone liners for the first time, it’s important to watch the cupcakes carefully, as baking times may vary slightly from your normal cookware. the recipe which I tried them called for 22 minutes of baking, so I checked at 20 minutes and it was perfect.
- Test the cupcakes to see if they’re done by inserting a toothpick or skewer into a cupcake that’s in the center of the cookie sheet. The cupcakes are done baking when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven. Use an oven mitt to hold the cookie sheet as you take it out of the oven. Be careful. Silicone bakeware cools quickly, but it will be very hot when you first remove it. Turn out the cupcakes immediately. Mine required a small tap on the bottom. Once cooled, ice, serve, and enjoy your cupcakes.
Care and Clean Up
- To clean the silicone cupcake liners, load the liners into the dishwasher or wash by hand with warm, soapy water. Given that the silicone bakeware is made of a flexible material, you can turn the silicone bakeware inside out to easily clean the crevices.
- Stack the clean and dry silicone cupcake liners inside one another to store.
- Do not use knives or sharp objects on your silicone cupcake liners.
- Check the instructions on any silicone liners you purchase for temperature range.
- Never place the silicone liners on direct heat, such as stove tops or hot plates; they’ll melt.
© 2011 – 2015, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.