Torta Pascualina (Veggie Pie)
Give it a try! This soon will become your left over go-to recipe.
A Foodies’ Kitchen Original Recipe
Serving Size: 8 servings
10 ounces spinach, clean and drained
1 cup milk
¼ cup unsalted butter
5 ounces tuna
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 carrots, medium, diced
½ cup green peas
pepper to taste
salt to taste
garlic salt to taste
Single crust Pate Brisee (Pie Dough)
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF.
- Follow the directions to make the Pie crust recipe, and bake for 15 minutes, until light golden color. Make sure you pinch the crust with a fork before baking.
- Mix the cornstarch, milk, butter, salt, pepper and garlic salt on a heated pan and set the stove to medium.
- Add the spinach and tuna, blend it completely.
- Add to the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it set for about 15 minutes as with any pie, and serve immediately.
© 2011 – 2015, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.