This was part of the Mother’s Day Breakfast for this year. After making the recipe once before, I definitely recommend using a wire rack so the grease drips and you get perfectly crisp bacon. The flavor is a little bit sweet, not overly sweet since the dijon mustard helps to tone that down. I chose to serve them today with scrambled eggs on top!
Maple Candied Bacon
Recipe by: Claire Robinson
1 pound thick sliced bacon, good quality
1/2 cup maple syrup, Grade B
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Finely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy foil. Place a baking rack over the lined sheet tray and arrange the bacon slices across the rack next to each other, not overlapping.
- In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup and mustard. Generously spoon over the top of the bacon, and bake 12 to 15 minutes. Turn the bacon over and baste with syrup mixture. Bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon has reached desired crispiness.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven. Sprinkle hot bacon with a scant pinch of finely ground black pepper.
- Let the bacon rest on the rack for 5 minutes and serve.
© 2011 – 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.