This is another mix I tried out, if you haven’t seen our previous post go to Snickers Ice Cream for a peek.
Kitty and I are always browsing cooking sites, food blogs and food magazines to get inspired and also to learn more about cooking, techniques and which ingredients and combinations are the latest vogue.
We found an article on how to make your own Cherry Garcia ice cream, from Ben & Jerry’s, and that is what fueled my latest craze. We don’t have cherries in Guatemala, so I used dried cranberries for my mix… I also added almonds because I thought it would be a good combination.
As the weather keeps keeting hotter around here… Expect more of these to come!
Cranberry Chocolate Almond Crunch Ice Cream
Yields: ½ liter
½ liter Vanilla Ice Cream
⅓ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup slivered almonds
3 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Let the vanilla ice cream soften slightly, but don’t let it completely melt.
- Chop the semi sweet chocolate into small chunks using a kitchen knife.
- Using a chopper or small food processor chop the cranberries and almonds into small pieces.
- Mix all the chopped ingredients: chocolate, cranberries and almonds using a folding motion until it all gets incorporated.
- Return to freezer until the ice cream is firm again.
© 2011 – 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.