I LOVE french fries, but I don’t like the idea of cooking them in a pool of oil splattering all over my kitchen, much less the thought of having a pool of hot oil on my stove top when my toddler is around. This is another (much healthier and easy cleanup) option for the next time you plan to make french fries.
You can add your favorite seasoning and condiments, or just follow my suggestion bellow. For our latin american friends, worcestershire sauce is “salsa inglesa”.
Oven Baked French Fries
A Foodies’ Kitchen Original Recipe
4 russet potatoes (do not peel them)
¼ cup dijon mustard
⅛ cup worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin (powder)
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Cut potatoes into thin stips. The thinner you cut them, the crispier they will turn out.
- Run them under cold water.
- Place them in a large bowl and toss them with all the ingredients.
- Arrange your seasoned potato strips on your prepared cookie sheet. Try to spread them out into an even layer, without them piling on top of each other.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Toss them around, trying to turn them over and bake for about 15 minutes longer. If you see that some of them are starting to brown, take them out and let the rest of them continue baking.
- When they are done, as soon as you take them out of the oven, sprinkle them with additional salt. Serve immediately!
© 2011 – 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.