Adapted from the recipe by Three Many Cooks
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 bottle or can (12 ounces) beer
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add beer (no sips!) and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead quickly to form a ball.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and confidently slit an X on top with a serrated or very sharp knife.
- Beat egg and heavy cream together. Brush loaf with egg wash.
- Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve!
© 2011 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.