Chips are a must have for every Super Bowl party. Why do you want to buy chips when you can make them? I am telling you this is way too easy and they are good. Even the peskiest of the eaters likes them. Beets are sweet, and they need little seasoning. Honestly, with the flavor they already have they don’t need salt.
One important thing, the Baked Beet Chips will get crispier as they cool off!
Baked Beet Chips
Recipe By: Martha Stewart
Serving Size: 4
2 medium beets
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper third and middle of oven.
- Slice beets 1/16 inch thick with a mandoline.
- In a large bowl, toss beets with extra-virgin olive oil.
- On two rimmed baking sheets, arrange beets in a single layer.
- Stack another rimmed baking sheet on top of each. Bake until edges of beets begin to dry out, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and rotate sheets. Bake 15 minutes, removing chips as they become lightened in color. Transfer to a wire rack; chips will crisp up as they cool.
© 2012 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.