When you plan a romantic dinner for you and your Valentine (boyfriend, husband, girlfriend, best friend, etc.) you want the whole works: Appetizer, maybe a salad, a main dish and some dessert. Usually you don’t bake a big dessert for Valentines since most recipes give you at least 8 cupcakes or one small cake. Look no further, this is the perfect recipe to share for Valentines!
The cupcakes are perfect. They have a subtle Vanilla flavor, so you can top them with your favorite buttercream or frosting. I happened to have some Chocolate Frosting around, so it came together beautifully.
So now you know, you can bake just two cupcakes, for Valentine’s Day, an Anniversary, or that special occasion when you are craving a sweet but not feel like baking a cake!
Valentine Cupcakes for Two
Recipe By: The Comfort of Cooking
Serving Size: 2
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 ½ tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
- In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until cake is set.
- Let cool completely, then frost as desired. I used some chocolate frosting that had left over from another recipe and decorated with heart and red lips sprinkles for Valentine’s.
© 2012 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.