Summer is here in Guate, and as much as we love to post some savory goodies, we love our desserts. Last weekend, family came to visit from Mexico and grandma asked me to bring dessert. I remembered seeing Bill Granger on his TV show getting one very similar to this one, but he sprinkled the crust with Lavender oil. You can check his recipe here.
This is the perfect quick & easy tart to prepare with ingredients you may have at home. For my family gathering I made one with some Lemon Butter that Helga gave me a few weeks ago, and a second one with this Mascarpone and Whipped Cream filling, both topped with Strawberries, Blackberries and Raspberries. For this post, I topped it with diced mango and chopped strawberries. Enjoy it!
Spring Mascarpone & Fruit Tart
A Foodies’ Kitchen Original Recipe
Serving Size: 6
375 g ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
1 tablespoon of milk
½ cup mascarpone cheese
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
1 cup cubed Fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the pastry on a board and trim a little less than ½ inch strip from each side of the sheet.
- Whisk the egg and milk. Brush the pastry sheet and the pastry strips with beaten egg. Lay the strips around the rim of the pastry sheet, trimming the edges to form a neat frame. Score a further line around the inside of the frame.
- Prick the pastry sheet with a fork (very important) and sprinkle with sugar.
- Transfer the pastry to the lined tray and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- While the pastry cools, using your whisk attachment on your mixer, beat mascarpone and sugar on medium speed until combined. Add cream; beat until stiff.
- Press the centre of the pastry case down and fill with your mascarpone filling.
- Top with the fruit and serve immediately.
© 2012 – 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.