This Spice Seasoned Salt will be the favorite for the grilling fans: you can sprinkle this blend over steaks, burgers, tuna, chicken or pork before grilling. Because of the combination of the paprika and cayenne, it can seem a bit hot, but trust me – it’s not. This little paprika and cayenne is just enough to amplify the other flavors of this salt: cumin and coriander.
Spice Seasoned Salt
Recipe adapted from My Recipes
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: about 3/4 teaspoon)
8 teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon cayenne chile powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven at 200ºF and line cookie baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir all the ingredients and the salt together, spread across a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until it’s completely dried out.
- Take out of the oven and allow the salt to cool a bit.
- If needed, you can pulse the salt a few times in a food processor.
- Salts keep in an air-tight jar for a couple of months.
© 2012 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.