Our Third recipe from the Cassalingo and The Foodies’ Kitchen is one from the Martha Stewart kitchens: Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies. We made a tiny variation, instead of adding Vanilla Extract we added Vanilla Beans. The cookies take a new level of yumminess with the vanilla beans. This recipe makes enough for 50 medium sized star cookies.
Basic Vanilla Cookies
Recipe By Martha Stewart
Yield:About 50 medium sized cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
8 ounces unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla beans
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour mixture, and beat until combined.
- 6. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º and line up baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/2 an inch thick, at least. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter.
- Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees until firm, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool completely.
© 2012 – 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.