Brown Sugar Maple Pound Cake
Brown Sugar & Maple Pound Cake
Recipe By Martha Stewart
Yield: 1 loaf, serves 8
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), sifted, plus more for pan
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
5 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup of sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter and flour a 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until very light and fluffy, 7 minutes. Scrape down bowl and beat 1 minute more.
- Add maple syrup, then gradually add eggs, beating well and scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add salt, then gradually add flour, beating well to combine and scraping down bowl as needed.
- Add the almonds and fold them into the batter.
- Transfer batter to pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 65 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack, 1 hour. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely on rack before slicing.
© 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.