Guest Foodies: Diana & Eggnog Cupcakes
Kitty & Helga
Personally I don’t like to drink eggnog, but I thought it might be fun to bake with it this season. So to do something different this Christmas I prepared these delicious cupcakes I hope you enjoy too.
The eggnog flavor is not overpowering but you definitely taste it. These cupcakes are ideal with a cup of milk, coffee, tea, chocolate or even with a little more eggnog.
Christmas is here, so enjoy baking!
Recipe by Diana S.T. from PetitGraphie
An original recipe for The Foodies’ Kitchen
Makes 15 cupcakes
¼ cup butter, at room temperature
¼ cup canola oil
½ cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup eggnog
For the glaze:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
½ cup eggnog
¾ teaspoon vanilla
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Prepare cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, canola oil and sugars till smooth. Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- Pour the vanilla to the eggnog and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternately with the eggnog, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pans, filling the cups ⅔ full. Bake the cupcakes for 10-12 minutes, or until they’re a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center cupcakes comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from the oven, and let them cool.
- To make the glaze, combine butter, sugar, eggnog, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Dip the tops of each muffin into the glaze and let cool on a wire cooling rack until glaze sets up.
© 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.