Hi! We are already on recipe number three from Cemaco’s Kitchen and Table Catalog. This time, let’s have something sweet. These classic Shortbread Cookies are just too cute not to bake. Not only we got to prepare the dough on the always reliable KitchenAid, but we got to use some new cookie cutters by SiliKoMart. We cannot tell you how much we loved using these cute cookie cutters. They come in three different shapes: rectangle, circle and heart. They come with a great embossing design that makes this cookie picture ready, even if you are not adding sanding sugar, sprinkles or something more elaborate.
We also tested out their 16-inch rolling-pin, and we are hooked. Rolling out the dough was a breeze. Our only recommendation is that you can dip the cookie cutter in a bit of flour, avoiding the cookie dough to sticking to the cookie cutter. Do this every 4 or 5 cookies. After you’ve cut all the cookies, transfer them to a baking sheet and add the sprinkles or sanding sugar. We baked half with sanding sugar, and half without. Both batches were equally cute and delicious.
Helga & Kitty
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ teaspoon of vanilla
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
½ tablespoon of milk
sanding sugar or sprinkles, for decorating
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter, add the confectioners’ sugar, salt and milk; mix until smooth.
- Add flour and mix until combined. If you press dough into your hand it should come together as it does in the picture bellow. If you see that the dough is too dry, add milk in ½ teaspoon increments, mixing well until combined.
- Form dough into a disc; wrapping it tightly in plastic and chill until firm, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough until its ¼-inch thick. Press the cookie cutters into the dough to cut the cookie and emboss it. Repeat until you’ve cut out cookies from all your rolled dough. Remove excess and transfer the cookies to a baking sheet using a small angled spatula. Add sanding sugar or sprinkles if using.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown around edges, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through.
- Let cookies cool 5 minutes on sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
The following products are sponsored by:
Set of measuring spoons
Set of measuring cups
Set of 2 silicone Spatulas
Square Cookie Cutter
Round Cookie Cutter
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
16-inch rolling pin
Bolillo de 40cm
Batidora Kitchen Aid
© 2015, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.