If you have a little time in the afternoon, you can ask your child if they want to make pizza for dinner. It’s easy clean up for mom, and all you need is to have the topping ingredients on hand and a 1 pound package of store-bought puff pastry. Help them out by beginning to roll out the dough for them and let them do the rest. The topping variations and combinations are endless, use whatever your family likes best. At home, we like a basic pizza so we used tomato sauce, mozzarella, ham and fresh basil for ours. Let your children pile on as much or as little of the toppings as they want, and after 15-20 minutes in the oven your little rustic pizzas will be ready.
Helga & Kitty
- Be sure the adult takes the pizzas in and out of the oven. Depending on their age, the adult should cut the pastry squares.
Rustic Mini Pizzas
A The Foodies’ Kitchen original recipe
1 lb puff pastry from the store
1 ½ cups italian tomato sauce
1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
onions, thinly sliced (you can brown them beforehand)
oregano, fresh or dried
basil, fresh or dried
sliced cherry tomatoes
black olives, sliced
bell peppers, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out puff pastry to ¼-inch thickness. Cut into squares using a pizza cutter.
- Top each square with about 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, then add cheese.
- Use any topping combination to create your personalized pizzas.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until puff pastry is golden on the edges and cheese is bubbly.
To download a printable version of this recipe, click the button below!
© 2015 – 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.