When looking for a new appetizer recipe to share with you, we stumbled across this idea: Whipped Feta. We love the taste of feta, especially when paired with other ingredients such as tomatoes and olives, but the texture is dry. You’ll love this new way to serve it, simply mix some cream cheese with your feta and whip it in the food processor until creamy. You’ll want to spread it on everything!
We used our creamy cheese mixture to make mediterranean-style bruschettas with roasted tomatoes and olive oil. You can use any other topping you like, such as an olive tepanade, pesto or vegetable antipasto. It’s easy to prepare, and perfect to serve when entertaining friends. We guarantee you will love it, and your guests will be impressed. You can use any type of bread you like, for this recipe we chose a dark whole grain bread because we wanted the contrast in colors. It looks pretty and tastes great! The important thing is that you cut up the bread slices into bruschetta sized portions.
We found some useful items to serve our appetizers in, at Almacenes Siman. They have a great little spreading knife set, white square plates which are ideal to serve small bruschettas such as these, a long platter which we used to serve our roasted tomatoes in, and a very complete Oil and Vinegar Set that come along with their salt and pepper shakers. Love how many things we can find at Almacenes Siman.
Helga & Kitty
Whipped Feta & Roasted Tomato Bruschettas
Recipe by How Sweet Eats
Yield, about ¾ cup of feta cheese
Ingredients for the Whipped Feta:
8 ounces crumbled feta cheese, at room temperature
3 ounces whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
Ingredients for Roasted Tomatoes:
12 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
fresh basil, for garnish
olive oil, for drizzling
Bread, to assemble bruschettas
(sliced baguette, whole grain or your favorite bread)
- For the whipped feta, add crumbled cheese to a food processor and pulse until small crumbs remain.
- Add in cream cheese and puree for 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides when necessary, until feta is creamy.
- For the roasted tomatoes, preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a sheet pan, cut sides up, in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the garlic, salt, and pepper over the tomatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tomatoes are concentrated and beginning to caramelize. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To assemble the Bruschettas, place toasted bread slices on a platter. Spread with whipped feta, and place 1 or 2 roasted tomatoes on top. Garnish with fresh basil, a small drizzle of olive oil and an extra sprinkling of pepper, to taste.
Have you made this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture with the hashtag #thefoodieskitchen!
© 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.