Certain week days, kids storm out of school heading to extra curricular activities. Most of the time, they are hungry even though they already had lunch at school. We bring you a quick and easy idea so you can bring along, so when you pick them at school they can snack in the car: Peanut Butter & Banana Rolls.
Bananas are a healthy carbohydrate that will help your kids get the energy they need for their afternoon activities, and the peanut butter is a great source of protein and makes them fill satiated. As a variation for this recipe, you can use Nutella instead peanut butter, strawberry jam or even a bit of honey.
At Almacenes Siman we found this perfect size lunchbox, small enough for a few snacks, as well as the containers and a small water bottle. We used two containers: the first one for the rolls, and a second one with removable divisions to add fruit (a tangerine in this case!).
Helga & Kitty
Peanut Butter & Banana Rolls
Original recipe by The Foodies’ Kitchen
Makes 1 serving
1 whole wheat tortilla (medium or large)
- Place the tortilla on a cutting board.
- Spread enough peanut butter so it covers the entire tortilla, being careful to cover up to the edges, since those are the ones that will work as glue when we form the roll.
- Pick a banana that has the correct size when comparing it to the tortilla. Its better if the banana is a little bit longer, as you can cut off the tips. Place the banana at the edge of the tortilla.
- Roll the banana, making sure you do it tight.
- Cut the roll in slices and serve.
To download a printable version of this recipe, click below!
Have you made this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture with the hashtag #thefoodieskitchen!
© 2017, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.