These ham and cheese rolls are easy to prepare, using frozen puff pastry. Simply, roll out the dough and place the filling ingredients on top. Roll it up, slice and bake. It also has a glaze on top, which has a slightly sweet flavor to it, which goes very well with the ham and cheese we used to fill our rolls.
We chose a pork ham for our rolls, but using turkey ham, or any other variety will work just as well. Just make sure you ask for very fine slices so you can roll up the dough with no problems. The same goes for your cheese. We used Gouda because it has a neutral taste, but Swiss or even Monterrey Jack would be good options.
This is an ideal snack for a gathering at home, or to pack for the kid’s school lunch box!
At Almacenes Siman, we got the coolest split baking dish, a set of small squared the kitchen towels and tongs protected with silicone that won’t break our delicate rolls when serving.
Helga & Kitty
Ham & Cheese Rolls
Makes: 12 rolls
Recipe adapted from Kevin & Amanda
Ingredients, for the Rolls:
1 lb puff pastry
¾ lb deli ham (thinly sliced)
12 slices swiss or gouda cheese (thinly sliced)
Ingredients, for the Glaze:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Have a 9 x 13 inch baking dish ready. No need to grease it, since we are working with puff pastry
- Place the puff pastry onto a cutting board and roll into approximately a 13×18-inch rectangle. Top with ham and cheese slices. Starting on the longer side of the rectangle, roll up the edge tightly. When you reach the end, pinch the seam together and flip the roll so that the seam is face down.
- Cut into 12 slices, approximately 1-inch wide. Arrange in baking dish.
- Next combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard over medium heat. Whisk until the butter is melted and the glaze is smooth and combined. Pour evenly over the rolls using a spoon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes until golden and browned. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture with the hashtag #thefoodieskitchen!
© 2017, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.