New recipe from our little foodie! Kristen had been wanting to make these cupcakes for a while, and we found the perfect tools for the job (more on that below). First, lets talk sprinkles. We all dream about getting some of Sweetapolita’s Sprinkle Medleys, but since we were out of luck, we decided to mix our own batch. We got silver pearls, tiny stars, mini chocolate candies, round sprinkles and colored nonpareils. Kristen was able to mix and match to her preference and the result was amazing.
Now, for the cupcakes you can use whatever you prefer: bake them yourself –we have an amazing Vanilla Cupcake recipe right here on the blog, you can bake them from a box (perfect if you want to have less work to do), or make it even easier and just buy them already baked and just fill them up to turn them into piñata cupcakes. And if you want this recipe to be even easier, you can buy a tub of vanilla frosting and go straight to the fun part.
For this recipe, we went and got some of the tools we talked about at first. First, a cupcake corer from Pedrini that made the task quick and painless. Just place the cupcake corer on top, press and the corer will pull off the top of the cupcake. Also, we got two small but long serving plates, perfect for Kristen to work her magic (two cupcakes at the time) and also to use later to serve fruit for breakfast during weekdays. We also got a bunch of colorful placing mats, that make the set up fun and easy to clean! Make sure you visit Almacenes Siman and check all the amazing and colorful items they have on stock!
Helga & Kitty
Makes 6 cupcakes
6 vanilla cupcakes
½ cup of assorted sprinkles, to fill cupcakes
assorted sprinkles, for decorating
disposable piping bags
cupcake corer or sharp knife
- When cupcakes are ready, set them on your work surface.
- Using a cupcake corer (or a sharp knife) cut a circle/hole into the center of the cupcake to create a little pocket about 1 inch deep. This piece will be removed. Set it aside as you will use it later on.
- Place about 1 full teaspoon of assorted sprinkles inside the cupcake.
- Fit the pieces you had set aside on top of the sprinkle filling. You might need to cut off a bit on the end to get them to fit nicely. Press down gently. Repeat with all cupcakes.
- Using a piping bag, pipe a swirl or a star on top of each cupcake and decorate with remaining sprinkles.
To download a printable version of this recipe, click below!
Have you made this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture with the hashtag #thefoodieskitchen!
© 2017, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.