If you have a fall craving, these Pumpkin Nutella Squares will not only satisfy the pumpkin cravings, but also a chocolate and nutty one! Think of these as soft bar cookies with a gooey Nutella filling.
When heading to a gathering, a school bake sale or anything like it, you want to bake something fast, easy and delicious. This recipe calls for pumpkin, butter… all the ingredients you’d expect. What I love about this one is that you can mix it all by hand if you don’t want to get the electric mixer out.
To make this recipe a breeze, have all the ingredients at hand, and use parchment paper to cover the square pan so the pumpkin squares are easy to take out of the pan and slice!
Pumpkin Nutella Squares
Yield: 32 small squares
Recipe from Crazy for Crust
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
⅓ cup pumpkin puree
¾ cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground all-spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup Nutella
powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-by-9-inch pan with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray.
- Place melted butter, pumpkin, and both sugars in a bowl. Mix until smooth, about 30 seconds. Mix in egg yolk, baking soda, salt, spices, and vanilla. Mix in flour until batter is smooth.
- Press half the batter in the bottom of the pan. The batter is sticky so you may want to spray a spatula with cooking spray. It’ll be a thin layer in the bottom of the pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Place Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for a few seconds. Pour evenly over the top of the partially baked crust. Spread it carefully so you don’t break the cookie bars. Scoop tablespoons of batter over the top and carefully spread with your fingers. don’t worry if its not smooth or perfect. I found that making little patties make the process easier.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the top is no longer glossy and the edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut them in small squares and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture with the hashtag #thefoodieskitchen!
© 2017, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.