A few weeks ago, while I was making breakfast, Jake was watching Paula Deen and her sons on The Food Network (We love everything on TFN and on the Cooking Channel!) and when breakfast was almost done, he came downstairs just to turn on the TV and keep on watching the show. I didn’t realize that, until later that day that we went grocery shopping and he said “Don’t worry about dinner, I got it”- I also had to bake the Mardi Gras cupcakes, so the next morning I could frost them. Then I figured it out! He was going to grill something… While I was baking he was making this amazingly sweet smelling red wine reduction for a glaze. All I have to say is this is an amazing recipe, give it a try! Don’t be scared about the sweetness of the berries… The blue cheese and the wine take care of that!
Grilled Steak and Blue Cheese with Berry Glaze
Recipe from Paula Deen and Sons, The Food Network
4 beef tenderloin filets, (9 ounce)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 ½ cups red wine
½ cups water
2 cups sugar
1 pint strawberries, hulled
1 pint raspberries
1 pint blueberries
1 pint blackberries
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Blue Cheese, crumbles
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Season the fillets with steak seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put on the grill and cook desired doneness.
- Add the red wine to a medium saucepan over medium heat and reduce it by half.
- Add the water, then add sugar and berries and cook for about 5 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and stir until thickened.
- Remove the steaks from the grill to serving dishes and top with sauce and blue cheese crumbles.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.