Pair this with rice and some asparagus on the side. You can find our recipe for asparagus with balsamic vinegar here.
I guarantee this will become one of your favorite fish recipes.
Fish Fillet with Cherry Tomato Sauce
Recipe adapted from Karista’s Kitchen
1 1/2 lbs seasonal fresh white fish
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, smashed and lightly chopped
2 tablespoons diced shallots
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh thyme
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Mix together tomatoes, garlic, shallots, 1 tablespoon thyme, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil until lightly coated and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a baking dish or foil lined cookie sheet and roast for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes are wilted and slightly toasty. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Drizzle the fish with a bit of lemon juice and olive oil, and then sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Roast the fish until opaque in the center and flaky. Fish roasting times vary according to thickness. Start with 5-8 minutes and then check for doneness. If it isn’t done, let it continue roasting, checking every couple of minutes.
- Once the fish is done, transfer to a platter. Mix the tomatoes with lemon zest and remaining fresh thyme. Top the fish with the tomatoes and herbs and serve immediately.
As a variation, and what you see in our photograph:
Transfer the tomato mixture into a small pot and add about 1/2 cup of cream and 1/4 cup white wine. Add the lemon zest and the remaining thyme. Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for a few minutes, just until heated through. Top fish with this sauce.