Guest Foodie: Jake Van Ness & Chocolate Waffles
Makes 32 waffle sticks or 16 mid-size waffles
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
½ tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups milk
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 large egg white (additional egg white)
1 cup of chocolate kisses finely chopped
- Heat up the waffle iron. Check your waffle iron’s instruction manual to get the most out of it.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- On a different bowl, whisk milk, vegetable oil, egg, egg white and slowly start mixing the dry ingredients together. Add the chopped chocolate kisses and mix once more.
- Make sure the waffle iron is done preheating, open the lid and pour batter onto the center of the grid and spread the batter using a heat proof spatula about 1/2 or 3/4 inch of the edge of the grid (depends on your waffle iron model).
- Close lid of waffle iron and about 7-8 minutes (again, depending on your waffle iron) and open the lid carefully and check if the waffles are golden right brown. Remove them from the iron and serve hot!
- Waffles are great to make ahead and freeze them up! Just let them cool off and store them on ziplock bags before freezing. To unfreeze just move them from the freezer to the fridge a day ahead and heat them up the toaster.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.