We’ve posted Grilled Eggplant back in May, but this recipe is a rendition to my dad’s version. I can’t remember where he got the idea for this recipe, I only know that I love it every time he makes it.
Grilled Eggplant a la Italian
1 medium sized Eggplant
Dried Basil Leaves
One big kitchen Tomato
Mozarella Cheese Slices
- Preheat the grill or the grill pan.
- Slice the eggplant, to about ½ inch thick slices, and drizzle them with enough olive oil to coat both sides.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano and basil leaves.
- Grill them until they are cooked through and the grill marks are browned on.
- After turning over the eggplants for the first time, start to grill the tomatoes. This cook much faster so keep an eye on them.
- Place the tomatoes over the eggplant and top with cheese.
- To serve, sprinkle a few dried basil leaves on top.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.