Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Cookies
The recipe calls for chocolate chips, so if you have them… by all means, use them. I didn’t have any, so I used my baking chocolate brick. I cut out chunks using a large knife. (be careful!)
I highly recommend this recipe, you can use it as your base for any chocolate chip, or chocolate-nut cookie. It’s easy to make and a great way to entertain a bored kid.
Butterscotch & Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Recipe from Baking Bites
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
¾ cup butterscotch chips
¾ cup chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract, then add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in flour mixture and stir in the butterscotch and chocolate chips (or chunks).
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until browned at edges (centers will be paler). Cool on pans for several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
© 2011 – 2015, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.