Classic Shortbread Cookies
Recipe Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Holiday Shortbread Cookies
Yield: Makes 24-30, depending on the size
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ teaspoon of vanilla
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
sprinkles, for decorating
- In a food processor, combine butter, confectioners’ sugar, and salt; process until smooth.
- Add flour and pulse just until combined.
- Form dough into an 8-inch-long round or square log; wrap tightly in plastic and freeze until firm, 30 minutes (or up to 1 month).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Cut dough into ¼-inch-thick slices. Add Christmas colored sprinkles, and transfer to two baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown around edges, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Let cookies cool 5 minutes on sheets.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
© 2012 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.