We tried another sweet popcorn recipe! This bunny tails popcorn is definitely for the kids. Since Easter is around the corner, I wanted to share an easy recipe you can make for your kids, or use as spring time party favors; you can put some of this popcorn into cellophane bags with a cute decoration. Most of all, I wanted something easy for Easter, and that children could help prepare. Mine had a lot of fun mixing in the sprinkles and candy.
All you need is popcorn, white chocolate (the baking kind), sprinkles, mini marshmallows (these are the bunny tails), any small candy of your choice. I used candy coated peanut bits I found at the supermarket, but you can use M&M’s, for example. If you want an extra pop of color, you can also drizzle colored Candy Melts at the end. When you finish preparing this recipe and you’re letting it set on the baking sheet, drizzle evenly with melted candy melts as a finishing touch.
As for the amount of candies and sprinkles, it’s up to you. I used the whole 35 gram bottle of sprinkles, and about ½ a cup of the mini candies. These aren’t excessively sweet, considering the amount on candy you’re putting in. The popcorn helps balance the sweetness.
Easter Bunny Tails Popcorn
Recipe adapted from Framed Frosting
½ cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag of microwave popcorn, unflavored
8-oz. white chocolate, baking kind
3.5-oz mini marshmallows (about 3 cups)
Sprinkles of your choice
Small size candy of your choice
- Prepare popcorn on the stove-stop (see instructions in our Dark Chocolate Popcorn), or make microwave popcorn, the unflavored kind.
- Melt white chocolate according to the package’s instructions.
- Place one-third of the popped popcorn into a big bowl, and drizzle with some of the melted chocolate. Stir to coat evenly, and start sprinkling with candy, sprinkles, and mini marshmallows. Repeat until all the popcorn, melted chocolate, and amount of sprinkles and candy you want to put in is used.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. If you are using additional colored Candy Melts, drizzle it over at this point. Let the chocolate harden, about 1 hour. To speed it up, you can put the baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Break it up, and serve in a bowl. It keeps in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
© 2015, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.